<$BlogRSDUrl$>



Orbis non sufficit


Monday, December 01, 2003

Hmm, so this is how these blog things work...

Anyhow, I myself was persuaded to make a blog by the various e-mails floating around wherin friendship seems to be in debate. Now, perhaps I'm not the best person to talk about this since I don't really get to know many people very well, for whatever reason, but I'm going to anyway.

Firsty, chill. It's only been a couple of weeks since school finished and suddenly it's far less convinient for some of us to see each other. It has barely been longer than our regular two weeks of holiday and suddenly people are feeling shattered that they havn't seen some people for a while.
Actually, I've changed my mind, this isn't worth my time writing about. I'll just say that if people are feeling bad because other people havn't invited them anywhere for a little while, then don't. There's no reason to feel bad, especially no reason to feel worthless. Other people shouldn't be able to make you feel worthless anyway, you should know what you're worth without anybody being able to tell you otherwise. If you must have other people's attention all the time to feel good about yourself then it is really a very vain and empty feeling, not at all the sense of inner worth and respect we should all have of ourselves. If you find this applies to you, go out and prove to yourself that your worth something, don't go around relying on other people to prove it to you.
Actually, I better stop before I offend someone. But if you do find this offending, then you should know that you fit squarely into the group of people who rely on others to measure their self-worth. Don't be in that group, that's the group of people who will never truly be happy in life.

Ok, I know that we all measure ourselves against others all the time, I mean that's what our entire VCE was about. That's not what I'm talking about though. I'm talking about knowing your value as a human being. Just thought I'd make that clear.

Also *yoink*, thank you for the blog link's Jason, yes I did lift them straight from the source code of your blog :)

Oh yeah, the simpsons today rocked. It must be my favourite episode, with Hank Scorpio and his cool town, and his doomsday device :). "Homer, if you could kill someone on your way out it would help me a lot". Damn that was classy.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?