<$BlogRSDUrl$>



Orbis non sufficit


Saturday, December 06, 2003

[insert title here]

I couldn't think of a good title so I left it as my default. This post is more a ramble about many things than anything in particular. Met Kiah today and went into frankston for a while before headin back to my place. Actually, that was really rather late so I went to karate pretty soon after getting home. Karate was good too, did a good bit of kumite today. I accidentally punched a white belt a bit too hard in the face and made his lip bleed, but he was ok and took it with dignity. He's only little but he fights rather well for a white belt. Hopefully he will come to understand that I do him a favour by punching him in the face fairly quickly. My leg seems to be mostly better now, which is good since it means I can kick people in the head again, which I did to Simon, again a little harder than I meant to. My fighting was good today but perhaps my control could still be better. His nose bled, but I don't think that was from the kick, since I kicked him in the side of the head. He got me in the face pretty good a couple of times, but I think he is able to do it less often these days. Can only be a good sign. The Kata was interesting too, I wasn't completely sure about doing seipai, but I figured it would be good practice anyway. I felt it could have been much better but it must of looked pretty reasonable since the only constructive critism i recieved was that the first move was a bit shaky and needed to have more internal strength in it than muscular strength, and that the couple of moves after that I had my energy too high and didn't move into those stances as well as the rest of the kata.

After Karate I was greeted by Kiah, Jason and Steve, who me and Stephen decided to go off with. Ended up back at my house discussing details of our version of Medieval Warrior that we intend to create. I guess I should get moving on some graphics, since doing them will probably get the others moving on bits and pieces also. Plus a few working graphics could be very useful for working out the initial game engine code, 'specially the maps and warrior movement.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?