<$BlogRSDUrl$>



Orbis non sufficit


Sunday, December 14, 2003

Too bad you only live once

You know, it really sucks that we only get to live once. I told Jason that if I got less than 50, or 70 or something for my enter then I was going to Alaska to become a hunter. He said he'd come with me whatever he got. Good stuff there J. Thing is, I'm only partially joking, I'm mostly serious. I think it would be great to be a hunter in Alaska. Problem is it would make it a lot harder to do other things. See, life is far too limiting. Mostly because of time I believe. To get really good at anything takes a lot of time, which some people seem to translate into dedication and hard work, but the truth is it really only takes time to become good at anything, even the best in the world. Not just a length of time however, it takes regular time, time put in reasonably frequently, the more frequently the better. Of course you can't just screw around in this time, but the fact is if you put in time regularly to do anything you'll get good at it.
My problem is not that I can't be good at stuff, in fact I am rather of the impression that I could be the best in the world at anything so long as I am willing to put in the time to get good at it. My problem is that there are lots of things I want to do and only so many hours in a day. See, no matter how long I live it seems impossible to master everything, since you can't possibly keep up practice at everything at once. Damn eh? So it seems like I just need to live a few times over. Although I can't be stuffed doing everything up till now again, so it would be good If I could just start from whatever point I liked rather than having to go back to being an infant again. Need to keep all the memories too of course. Ok, that's all for now.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?