<$BlogRSDUrl$>



Orbis non sufficit


Friday, January 02, 2004

Ahh the strangeness

Well, been sorta weird since I set off for work. My mum offered me a lift home if I liked but being a public holiday there was no bus to catch in so I just rode. Guess she didn't like the idea of me riding home at night. Oh well.
It's not as far as I remember, it only took me half and hour to get there. On the way I found a dollar, which I picked up since I figured if a penny is good luck then a dollar must be phenomenal :). I was getting really bored at work too, then I remembered it was a public holiday and I was getting double pay and suddenly it didn't seem so bad anymore. I also found 10 bucks and a shattered watch while cleaning the cinemas. They decided it was time to teach me to vend choc-tops too tonight. I think they had fun too. Damn them. I didn't sell any, but I don't think I did a bad job, 8.30 at night and sparesly populated cinemas are hardly the best conditions for selling choc-tops.
I poped into Cold Mountain just after I finished. It was a decent movie, kinda sad, though not the sort of movie I would pay to see. I might have hired it on video though. Go free tickets.
Anyhow, I then rode home. Riding at night is a little freaky, its hard to see the road in front of you and whenever cars pass you you pray that drunks aren't behind the wheel. Also it was cold and the air shooting past my ears made strange noises and also made them numb. A lamp post light died just as I rode past it too, it was trippy. Ahh well, thats what I get for riding about at 12.30.
So I got home to find my mum had driving down from her place looking for me. It seems she had been trying to ring me but being in the cinema I had left my phone on silent. I forgot to tell her I was seeing a movie after I worked also, so I think she might have thought I had been horribly mutilated in some fashion and gotten worried about me. She was kinda teary when I saw her. Sorry mum. Anyhow, she just hopped in her car and left after that, leaving me standing there a little confused. People worry too easily. I have been accused of worrying about all sorts of things too little many a time, but I say it's other people who worry too much. Exams and Sacs were a prime example.
So, lets go over the weird stuff that happened: Found $11 and a shattered watch, lamp post died as I rode by and found a teary mother at my doorstep.
I seem to be able to say its been a strange day rather frequently don't I? Someone who believes in omens should tell me what that stuff means :).

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?