<$BlogRSDUrl$>



Orbis non sufficit


Sunday, February 01, 2004

Magic 8-ball

Went off to the pool comp tonight with Haggis and Jason. It was pretty nifty, I managed to get through to the second round, which I was reasonable proud of. The first guy SEEMED skilled, at least he had good technique and stuff, except he occasionally missed shots that you would expect him to get. Worked out to my advantage, since I also miss seemingly simple shots more than I would like, so I was able to beat him. The next guy I played had a two ball handicap and still kicked my arse. He potted three of one color off the break in the first game, so my lead from his handicap was gone straight away :P.
Jason didn't manage to get through to the second round this time, he got beaten by this sort of crap guy whose arse Steve kicked in the second round. Steve lost in the 3rd round though when he played against the guy who beat me. He could have won I believe, except he missed a few shots he probably should have gotten, and the guy potted the 8 ball in the last game in a rather flukey way.
I shall have to enter again, though probably not next sunday since I think I'll be off on the first of my uni camps.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?