<$BlogRSDUrl$>



Orbis non sufficit


Wednesday, February 18, 2004

Updating for the hell of it...

Hmm, guess its been a little while since I updated. Ahh well, i couldn't be bothered before, and I'm just bored at the moment. I gotta get up early to go to a piano lesson tommorow, then I have a beach party to go to in the afternoon. Its in Chelsea I believe, another Monash thing. They organised a whole bunch of em just so new students everywhere would have a function of some kind to go to relatively close to them. Who am I to pass up free sausages?
Got orientation next week, should be interesting. Theres a lot of stuff going on though, so hopefully we'll be able to figure out what's good to do and whats not. At least there will be no work. Hopefully i'll be able to sign up for some kendo. Actually work probably won't be that bad.
At the moment I'm just hoping my course will be able to get me to where I want to go. I want to research and design new craft for exploring space, and while I'm sure my course will teach me the conventional ways of doing so I don't know how well it will cover future ways of doing so. Combustion engines are so bulky and cumbersome, I'd much rather work on figuring out some new type of propulsion. Yet if Aerospace Engineering won't teach me that what will? I mean a regular science degree might help me come up with theory for it, but it would only be a theory and somebody else would put it into practice. Even Steve's double degree with Science and Engineering can't do it all. Perhaps I should resign myself to the fact that such endeavours are a team effort and one person alone can't really open the doors to space for humanity. Ahh well, I shall have to wait and see. Hopefully my course will teach me enough so that I can make a valiant contribution to such an effort. Hopefully i'll be able to attempt a PhD at the end of the course too; I'm sure all the research involved with that would help a lot with designing a new form of propulsion. It'd be cool if that was what my thesis was about :P. I probably shouldn't count on that though :).

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?