<$BlogRSDUrl$>



Orbis non sufficit


Sunday, February 29, 2004

Whoah. That was cool.

Wow, its been a pretty hardcore weekend. I consumed more alcohol than I ever have before in my life. Guess thats not surprising since I don't usually drink much but I went pretty hard this time.
If your not sure what I'm on about I've been on engineering camp. Whatever stories you may have heard about engineering students and beer are all true.
Anyway, I'll start at the beginning:
Same campsite as last time, trip went much the same, rocked up at the campsite around 1 or 2 or something. Thankfully there was no welcoming commitee this time. Actually I'm having some issues remembering stuff. I bought me a slab of extra dry for the weekend, figured that'd do the trick. I wanted bourban since I don't actually like beer much at all but I couldn't afford it. Heh, one of the leaders had a bottle of straight vodka and kept mixing is with some kind of raspberry softdrink. People bagged her a lot actually, about several things. Knew a few people from the last camp as well as Steve, for one Luke was there. Ahh he's a crazy one that guy. I'll explain later.
The drinking began pretty early, as soon as the van got back from the bottle shop actually. Personally I was on my sixth beer during dinner. Actually the leaders were drinking from the moment we arrived at camp but the rest of us had to wait for our grog to arrive. Dinner was nice, baked potatoes and stuff. Hmm, actually sometime during the first day we had a little engineering challenge between the various groups involving a toy car, string, a mousetrap, tape and a cup of beer. We had to get the cup of beer to move about 3 metres with minimum spillage. Some cool contraptions were made, all involving strapping the cup onto the back of the toy car and trying to balance it and things. It was pretty amusing. My groups contraption had no spillage since we taped the top of our cup up good. There was a bit spilled trying to get the beer in through a little funnel though.
Anyhow, there was trivia after dinner but I barely remember it. I know I left about halfway through because I couldn't concentrate on the questions at all anymore. I had 8 beers from my slab that night and I was pretty trashed from it. I was out by about 12 I think. Steve lasted a bit longer, I think he ate a lot of bananas or something.
I drank a lot of water during the night after I'd finished drinking so I was feeling pretty fine at first in the morning. My group had breakfast duty that day though, so it fell to us to clean the eating hall. GOD DAMN was that place destroyed! I believe someone said "It looks like a beer bomb went off in here!". There were cans and bottles everywhere, pools of foul liquid and stick shit everywhere and lollies mashed into the floor. It was feral. I was feeling kinda seedy after a while, the smell of beer made me feel sick. I had to go barf my guts up halfway through the cleaning.
I started to feel better after a couple of hours but the smell of beer still made me feel sick. Fortunately I had mostly recovered from that by the time the beer olympics commenced.
There were four events: boat races, reggae or something like that, the dutch relay and goon laybacks. I didn't enter the boat races or reggae since I wasn't feeling up to it. The boat races were crazy, some people can scull cups of beer so quick its scary. Heh, one such person was Tash, one of the leaders, a second year student. Everyone was stunned at how fast she sculled her cups. She's a serious rival for Luke at speed, and Luke sculls goddamn fast. Plus she's a girl, which added to the stunned factor significantly.
Reggae was a spewfest. It involved a big circular track with cups of beer at four points around it. The competitor had to scull a beer a base 1, run to base 2 and scull another, run to base 3 and scull another etc then one more back at base 1. Had about four people doing it at once, they'd do the first and second cups alright, then really start slowing down as they reached the third and fourth. They all barfed at one of the last three stations. No-one who entered that event did it without barfing. I'm very glad I didn't enter it.
I did enter the dutch relay since it was tame compared to the others. You only had to scull a beer, run forward, spin around 10 times then run back and tag the next person. Made you pretty dizzy but I don't think anyone chundered. My group didn't win though :(.
Next up were the goon laybacks. I managed to lie there and scull goon for 58 seconds, which I was quite proud of really. The longest time was nearly 3 minutes though I think, which is friggen crazy. Another girl did that too actually. Freaky huh? Specially when theres only about 15 of em.
I decided that I was going to polish off the rest of my slab that night after the games so I cracked open a beer and drank it, at about 5 or 6 oclock. It wasn't cool though, I didn't see how I could drink another 15 beers like that. Fortunately I didn't have to. I was introduced to a miracle invention know as a "beer bong" consisting of a tube and a funnel. Most people were only doing one beer down it, some people doing two. First time I did it I did two down the tube and found that beer tasted far less shit like that. Thats when I decided that I was going to see how many beers I could scull down the beer bong in a row. I gave myself time to prepare though so I didn't do it till after dinner. I figured I might get four down so I grabbed six beers just in case. Luke, Steve and Katharine helped me crack open the first ones and got ready to open more if nessecary. I managed five and a half beers down that thing in under a minute. It was crazy. The rest of the night is a bit fuzzy, but I did get through all my beers, all of em through the beer bong. I didn't spew after I'd done my mega chug, but I did spew after doing another three beers down it.
There were nudie runs and all sorts of craziness that night. Luke went on a nudie run and someone ran off with all his clothes, so he wandered around naked till he went and got a pair of jeans. Apparently in the morning he was found passed out sitting on the toilet naked with sunscreen spread across his back. There were photos taken I believe. I'm told that I fell asleep leaning against one of the great big speakers in the hall while music blared out of it. I don't remember that, but I do remember that I crawled my own ass into bed and took out my contact lenses.
Heh, they had their awards thing like at the last camp the next day. I actually felt fine in the morning again, which is odd since I probably should have felt pretty dead. Oh well, I'm not complaining. There were some cool awards givin out, for instance Luke got the "I'm a dickhead" award, mostly for waking up nude on the crapper. Me and one of the girls both got an award for being "absorbant" in the form of half a sponge each. The girl who got it was the same one with the mega goon layback record.
Ok, that'll do, you've heard enough by now I think.
On a final note, Steve and I have decided that a beer bong shall have to be constucted, or bought, whichever is easiest.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?