<$BlogRSDUrl$>



Orbis non sufficit


Wednesday, April 28, 2004

Gmail eh?

Well blogger told me about this gmail stuff, so out of curiosity i thought I'd check it out. Looks kind of nifty actually, in no small part due to the 1000mb of free space for e-mail storage they offer. Also has nifty e-mail searching, filtering and some weird thing where it tracks replies to e-mails and groups whole converstations together. Anyway, I'll see how it goes, if its actually worth changing to permenantly.

In other news, I managed to shift of the rest of the work for the latest part of my context project. Its a group thing so I'm not being slack, I just managed to get the others to do most of it for a change. Hope it doesn't turn out too crap. In any case it means i don't have to worry about any more assignments this week! Woot! Nothing too crap anyway. May have to think about the mousetrap car we gotta build for mechanical eng and the newspaper bridge we gotta make for civil, but meh, thats not too bad. Also i have at least two tests next week, but i'm getting used to having tests every week so i'm not too fussed. Should have aced the last one, it was so easy. Anything I got wrong will have been through stupidity not lack of understanding or knowledge.

I was talking to the guys in my civil group in our tutorial today and heard something most amusing. Apparently one of em knows somebody who did philosophy last year or something. I suppose the story has come through a few people to reach me, but meh. Anyway apparently in some exam last year, that was supposed to be 3 hours long, the question they got was "Why?", entirely it seems, on which they had to write an essay. Somebody apparently just wrote "Why not?" and walked out. Whats more amusing is they allegedly got 100% for that exam. I find that awesome if it's true. Go philospohy. You can just picture a lecturer going over the essays, then reaching that one and studying it for a moment, thinking "It's brilliant!".

Alright, I must stop now, since I have to go get some cash out of the bank we have here. My dad gave me some money to pay for my kendo uniform but I gotta get some out for dinner tonight, since the kendo club is going to some korean restaurant in clayton after training. Should be good, only good things were said about the food.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?