<$BlogRSDUrl$>



Orbis non sufficit


Monday, August 30, 2004

The Story

Lightning
Lightning

?? Which Natural Wonder Or Disaster Are You ??


Well, that quiz was really pretty crap, but that was a cool picture so it gets to be posted.

Anyway, I have been considering many things of late. One in particular is about my course, whether I want to be doing this crap for the rest of my life, or even just for the next 10 or 20 years. It's kind of really shitting me at the moment, I just sit around figuring out all sorts of bullshit stuff. It's not that its hard, or that I can't handle it or anything, its just getting extremely boring. Even my theory of flight subject is getting old. My only question is: Will it be like this after I finish my course? Will I just be sitting around someplace figuring out bullshit stuff? Ok, maybe its not bullshit stuff, i know all these theories are what make the modern world go around, but to tell the truth, I don't really care much for the modern world. I mean sure, i'll learn enough in a few years to build my own gyrocopter and stuff like that, which would be pretty damn awesome, but it would only actually be awesome once I was done and got to show it off and fly it around. And for most of the jobs I do once I finish my course I won't get to do that with. I'll just be sending em off for someone else to fly around.
So anyway, my point is that I'm not entirely sure I want to keep doing this crap. I know it'll make me lots of moolah eventually, but that's not really the point is it? I don't know if I'll be having fun WHILE I make the moolah, which is what is actually important.
Its all speculation at the moment, but I've been thinking about what else I would actually want to do. I though about arts, but that probably wouldn't really get me anywhere in particular. So at the moment I'm considering what I was considering in the first place, before I thought about doing aerospace engineering. Which would be software engineering, or some kind of games development course, or something along those lines. Coz games are COOL. Anyway, I'm not really sure about anything at the moment.
Also, the other thing is this: I have sort of realised that I live for stories. Stories rock! Since the modern world is so boring, I like to frolick in other ones. I think with the aerospace engineering I am sort of trying to make my life a story worth telling, but I don't really think it works like that. I mean maybe one day I might work for NASA and build the first manned interplanetary craft of the human race, but then that only took a sentance to say. And I probably wouldn't get to actually travel in the damned thing, I'd just watch some other crazy basterds fly off in it.
At least if I made video games I would get a chance to tell many an epic story, might even be able to put some of my own music in here and there. Real life stories are never as epic as pretend ones, and if they are they actually really suck to experience, coz of all that hardship and crap. Plus the world doesn't really teeter on the edge of destruction much, and theres not much chance of there being an epic quest to save it. Some might say the world is on the edge of destruction all the time, but that doesn't really count because thats the kind of thing that requires mass psycholigical changes and stuff.
Ok, this is going a little off the main idea now so I'll stop.

Damn, not enough time before my next class to write more Jed. Oh well, next time.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?