<$BlogRSDUrl$>



Orbis non sufficit


Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Damn brain

The human brain forgets things too quickly, it's very annoying. In particular I'm talking about the precise muscle control needed to play music. I think I've reached a point in my viola playing where I really have to practice quite a lot to get any better. It bites! I work on a piece, get it kind of all right, then start on something else, and after a week of not playing something its gone dodgy again. Unless its fairly easy, like a jig or something, but even those get a bit funky if I havn't practiced them for a while. I don't have that much time to practice a lot either, so it feels like I'm not progressing, though I probably am, slowly. Also my instrument keeps going out of tune, which causes pain to ones ears. This does not inspire one to continue practice.
I should really be playing with a group of some sort, I think it helps a lot (plus it's nice to hear music played by a full orchestra), but I don't know who to play with or when. The two decent orchestras I know of -the Peninsula Symphony and Monash Phil- both practice on thursday night, which is when I have wushu, and i'm doing the wushu dammit!
I'm not giving it up, that for sure. Gotta keep playing music so that when I'm an old man I can sit about the mansion and serenade myself. For this reason I'm making a push to get better at the piano -even though I have no teacher currently-, its such a nice instrument to play to yourself, on it's own I mean.
It's too bad I don't seem to find the time to write much music these days, that was kind of cool.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?