<$BlogRSDUrl$>



Orbis non sufficit


Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Linux!

So, i now have this old lappy running on Damn Small Linux. Its been a bit of an effort, but it's finally getting somewhere. I see a fair learning curve ahead, theres all sorts of weird crap to get used to, I barely know how to install things and I can't figure out why I have no sound (or even begin to fix it). I see it will be some time yet before I posess enough expertise to play some Star Control 2. I do have a messenger of sorts installed and I'm blogging this from the machine, but only on a cable connection as I have not figured out how to get the wireless card working or actually connect to the main compy via the network.
Man that was a waste of a day, and large portions of the previous few days. This machine better work PERFECTLY by the time I know what I'm doing. At the moment I can blame it on my own incompetence, but that excuse only gets an OS so far. At least it boots pretty quickly and hasn't crashed yet. The little internet usage graph is pretty gnarly also.
Its 10.30pm and I'm saying fuck this crap for today. I feel like doing something else now, ie. outside of the house. I'm poor though so I can't really go out. Maybe I can rope Steve into getting me some free pool...

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?