<$BlogRSDUrl$>



Orbis non sufficit


Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Blogging eh?

Stupid Internet. I can never find the music I'm looking for, except in lists and such. There's so much stuff jammed up there but not the obscure things that I look for. Unless any of you happen to know where I can find the sheet music for or a recording of a traditional Scottish tune called "She's Sweetest When She's Naked", preferably arranged for violin or performed by Laura Risk(violin) and Jacqueline Schwab(piano). Its a pretty gnarly tune, I heard it on the radio this morning.
It's too bad the university orchestra practices on thursdays at the same time wushu is on, I'd go back and play with them if it didn't screw with my other things. At least my viola teacher is back from England now, so I can get some lessons again. Though its hard to progress without playing with an orchestra. Especially at the level I am currently at. I'm sort of at a stage where I'm fairly decent, but not awesome. It takes a lot of practice to make the transition to awesome, and I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to cut it. Not at the moment anyway, unless I can find some reason to do regular practice, like playing with a grounp of some kind. Damn practice.
I'm considering going back to kendo as well, though just once a week on the monday. I finish class at 5 on mondays and now that I'm finished with the beginner class at wushu I don't start that until 8.30. Its quite a long break and I won't feel like doing work much. Kendo starts at 6 and finishes at 8, so it fits in nicely there. Wednesday I won't go coz I have karate, so I'll have to decide if its worth going just the once a week. Also if I can be bothered with 4 hours of training on a monday. I guess I was doing 3 when the beginners class was on so its not that much more. And I do have all my kendo gear sitting around useless up in my room. It was pretty tiring training, and I got whacked in the head a lot, but I did win that duel at the Victorian Championships up in melbourne. My first real duel that was, pretty cool. I got my ass handed to me by some little guy in the next round, but I didn't even have rank yet, so I was feeling pretty good about it. The Kendo training is also rather repetitive and can get a little boring, but it does make you good at those three cuts you practice over and over and over again. I can probably manage once a week. And you do get to wear a cool samurai outfit. Just gotta weigh up the pros and cons:

Pros:
Get good at cutting
Only have to go once a week
Put $120 Kendo uniform to good use
Fill in some time on a monday
Get to whack people with a bamboo stick
Get to wander about in a gi and hakama.
Get some exercise
Already learned all the basic stuff

Cons:
Get whacked in the head a bunch
Really Tiring
Have to pay $60 a semester
Won't get good as fast due to only going once a week
Can get a bit boring
Probably need to buy a new shinai (whacking stick, $60) as old ones were getting a bit crapped up and won't have gotten any better.

Hmm, a toughy. I guess I may as well go, I'll be there anyway. This way I'll be doing something productive rather than mooching about doing work or something.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?