<$BlogRSDUrl$>



Orbis non sufficit


Monday, August 01, 2005

Dammit

I've been feeling deeply dissatisfied lately. I havn't really been sure why either, but I might have figured some of it out now. It's not cool really. It's largely a boredom thing, but it's not just that. There are a couple of main reasons that I have been able to think of:
1. I have no income, so I can't really do anything that takes much money which rather limits my recreational possibilities. Also I do too much stuff after hours to get any regular job, and I'd be more mindnumbingly bored doing a regular job than having limited recreational possibilities anyway. I'm not entirely sure how to fix this one.
2. I'm a musician, but I don't have enough musical outlet in my life. I try and practice by myself a reasonably amount, but going it solo isn't that much fun. I think I need a small group or something to join, that'd keep me practising more regularly also. Perhaps even lend a hand towards #1. Contributing towards the creation of good music is very satisfying and is fun from a gaming perspective also. It's really a fair bit like SingStar, only way cooler and actually real. It's kind of sad really, to not be making music.
3. My course is stupid at the moment. I'm not a fan of chemistry and they're making us do electronics in Physics, which I also hate. Thank god those lectures are over now. I'll still have to learn that friggen crap for the exam though. I can't really fix this one. I'm not really doing my course because it's something I'm passionate about or anything either, I'm just doing it because it's kind of interesting most of the time and theres no real course that I WOULD be passionate about doing. Even if I had done music they would have made me do theory which I was never much of a fan of. Also I would have had to play a whole crapload of music and my arms would have fallen off. And I probably would have felt dissatisfied that I wasn't learning anything about how the universe around me worked. At least doing my current course I'll learn how to build my balloon craft. I'm a fan of everything in moderation. I can't really do one thing for all that long. It could make finding an actual career that I like somewhat difficult.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?