<$BlogRSDUrl$>



Orbis non sufficit


Monday, January 02, 2006

Comin' round the mountain

Righto, last night in Canberra. It's been decent, but I'll be glad to come home. Wushu starts up again on thursday, which is very exciting because I'm learning to use a cudgel (big 6-foot stick) now. Also because karate is finished now so it's my only martial art still on. I don't usually get to keep doing my martial arts during the holidays, so hopefully this means I'll be able to keep my flexibility up so that I don't take half of the year regaining it. Also I have another Army Reserve thing to go to in about a week, this one's a more serious interview and stuff so I'll have to make sure I'm prepared. I'm not entirely sure what I'm going to do activities-wise this year. I wanted to go back to the orchestra coz progress on my viola has been very slow without it. But the thing is, if I do get into this officer course with the reserves then I'm going to be parading on wednesday nights, which means I can't go to karate on that day, which means that I'll have to go on a monday instead, however this means I can't go to wushu on a monday which means that I'll have to go on the thursday if I want to keep doing it, however the orchestra practices on a thursday, which means that would be out again. And I don't really want to go to the orchestra for a semester just to give it up again (since I wouldn't start with the reserves till mid-year). So I probably won't go back after all. I'd also like to keep doing wushu twice a week, but karate takes priority so unless wushu starts up another session on another suitable day (talk was going around last year about it) I guess one will have to do. It's annoying, I have all these hours to spare but everybody likes to do their thing at the same time. Still, If I go to wushu on mondays then I'll be able to take up the kendo once a week again (the class is right before wushu, its too intenese for me to do twice a week along with everything else anyway) and with wushu on a thursday I can try and go to the aikido that's before that more than I managed last year. But if I do get into the reserves, then I suppose that I'll go to karate on a monday. I think I might be parading too early for me to catch the kendo on a wednesday though. Damn. It's be good to do something on a wednesday before parade, I think it's 7 till 10 or some such, and I'll probably finish class at 5. Not really enough time in there for anything. Oh well.
Ok, If you've been able to follow all that then I congratulate you, it's quite a brainful.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to getting home, I miss people and hanging out and such. Also I have a cudgel to buy. Possible a broad sword too, though perhaps I'll wait till I start training with one before I go and buy it. They're so cool though.

Comments:
LOL i think i managed to follow all the karate stuff. So many days, hours and classes but if you ask me what you are ending up doing on what day, i dont think i could tell ya :p
 
Lol, well I didn't end up with anything definate, just some likelyhoods.
 
Lol, phew thats alright then. Coz i aint reading that again.
 
lol holy crap benji, certainly not wasting any time there are ya, as long as ya make sure ya gettting ya priorities right.
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?