<$BlogRSDUrl$>



Orbis non sufficit


Saturday, January 21, 2006

More Tales of Interest

Ok, had another strange dream last night. I'm sure there was a lot more to it than that which I shall now relate, but these were the most vivid parts and thus the only parts I still remember.

I was travelling with a group of people on a bus or some such mode of transportation, though I cannot recall the destination. I believe it was on the way back from this destination that I became seperated from the group and caught a different bus. The seperation was no accident; I had somewhere in mind that I wished to visit.
I was going to see some kind of meditational, mysterious sort of guru person, though I'm not sure why. As it turns out he rather resembled Jackie Chan. We talked for a while about whatever it was that I had gone to see him about, and then he did some kind of hypnosis magicky voodoo on me. He then said a word in chinese, "hong" or something to that effect, and as I looked across the room towards various tables and chairs and cushions and strange artefacts that you might find in a guru's house I saw the shadow from a table suddenly warp and shift and raise upwards off the ground, forming a scary looking shadowy wraithy creature. This scared the crap out of me, though I'm not sure if it actually came to attack me. If it was going to, then the guru uttered another word, "Shayen" (or something to that effect), and the shadowy creature sank back into the ground, again merely the shadow of a chair.
I'm not sure if the creature was real or merely the product of some hypnosis trick he'd pulled on me, though I think the hypnosis theory is quite likely. In case I asked him to repeat the words so I could make the creature appear and disappear myself. He told me, and I tested them out.
Again the creature rose from the shadow of the some object around the room, this time most certainly approaching me in a threatening manner. As it got closer I panicked and the word to make it disappear slipped from my mind. Fortunately I remembered just before it reached me and again the creature slipped back into the ground.
I think the whole point of the exercise was to learn to control one's fear, the guru merely helped me by providing this creature to focus on. I think some other things occured after this involving the creature, but I can't really remember them so I shall stop here. I think I might have even tried to fight it at some stage.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?