<$BlogRSDUrl$>



Orbis non sufficit


Sunday, January 01, 2006

My style of drinking situation

A few drinks in a pub when it isn't busy or blasting out my eardrums with loud music, sitting in comfy chairs with mates is a plus (loud music bad, can't even talk to people sitting in nearby chairs with this, have to get up and talk in their ear. Destroy's any group conversation.)

A few drinks over a good game of poker.

A few drinks with mates in the lounge room or someplace like that.

A few drinks at a party, preferably at someones house with at decent number of people, not too many but it's good to not know at least half I think (less than this is ok too, but is becoming the previous option (a few drinks with mates)), yet have some common denominator between you all. It's way more friendly. I find the atmosphere of a packed loud pub during busy hours to be extremely impersonal and I find that I have almost zero interest in talking to anybody there.

A few drinks at the good ol' uni bar, though it's slightly weird these days. Unfortunately I don't get to do this as I have to drive to uni.

In fact transport can be an issue for a lot of these, it really sucks. Especially since they're all about chilling out, taking a long time to get to these places and having difficulty getting back can distrub the "chilling out" mood.

Ok, that's enough from me. Also I need some good drinks, I've had enough of goon. A good scotch would be good, but I'm too poor. Stupid money. Hopefully that will change in the not too distant future.

Comments:
I like your thinking there.
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?