<$BlogRSDUrl$>



Orbis non sufficit


Thursday, February 02, 2006

The Mysteries of Chi

I was reading "Falun Gong" recently, the beginners book for falun dafa practice. It's not what I expected. Well, it is, it talks about why you should practice and things you'll get out of it and has illustrations and descriptions of the exercises and such. But it also talks about the third eye and seeing into other dimensions and healing other people (healing yourself is one thing...) and seeing the future (although actually it was talking about knowing the outcomes of things like lotterys) it even glanced over the possibility of destroying a building using these supernormal abilities (it didn't approve of it, but seemed to imply it was possible).
Being a man of science I don't entirely know what to make of it all, it's not like the guy who wrote it is some random crackpot, and this book is read by over 100 million people worldwide. I'd be the first to admit that modern science is not in the slightest bit able to explain everything that goes on in this crazy universe. Still, it's not easy to swallow. I guess I'll just try to keep an open mind about all that as I practice. I mean it's not that I'm entirely opposed to the concepts, it's just they were kind of stated in a very matter of fact sort of way, there was no beating about the bush as they say. It was just unexpected I guess.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?