<$BlogRSDUrl$>



Orbis non sufficit


Friday, May 12, 2006

It's all happening again!

Well, I havn't done anything about those photos since that last blog post, been too busy with things like differential geometry and topology. Its been pretty crazy, and I don't have a whole lot of confidence in my answers to the assignment questions, but it's an interesting subject and I wish I understood it better. I'm thinking that I'll try and jam some more maths units into my course somehow, ones that deal with some of this stuff some more, maybe from a more basic level. There's one I have in mind for next semester, MTH3132 - Analysis and Geometry, looks pretty cool. I don't quite meet the prerequisites, but hopefully I can convince them to let me do it anyway since I''ll have done this special topic. The other thing is that I'll be overloading again if I do it, which isn't so much fun, but I can't really see another way to do these cool maths subjects without doing something drastic like dropping engineering, which I don't really want to do. It's starting to feel like year 12 again though, in which I did 7 3/4 sequences instead of the usual 5, maximum of 6. Your head asplode!
dx^dx = 0 apparantly (and thats a wedge, not a power symbol).

Oh yeah, the string ensemble with the orchestra is up and running now, so we rock out and play music every wednesday now which is pretty cool. Err, don't seem to have a lot else to say, havn't been doing a lot besides uni work, playing music and doing martial arts recently. I played a fair bit of super smash brothers melee last weekend though, that amused me. Also have been reading things on wikipedia like this. Went to see MI3 last week sometime, it was quite good. Managed to leave scotty behind due to certain communications difficulties. Movies to see that I can think of off the top of my head include The DaVinci Code and X-Men 3.

Gotta get around to putting up my whiteboard, it's been leaning against my bedroom wall for at least a month I'd say. I have a lot of things to write on it too, just gotta figure out how to mount it on the wall without wrecking the plaster or the paint too much.

Comments:
I think the wedge product thing might be analogous to the cross product and thats why it's zero. At least thats the best I can come up with.
 
i dunno about analogous, related though yeah. I think the cross product is a special case or something. Unless is was a special case of the tensor product. I forget. Either the way, the wedge product is related to the tensor product and so to the cross product :p
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?