<$BlogRSDUrl$>



Orbis non sufficit


Thursday, August 03, 2006

I. HATE. STICKYKEYS!!!

It's by far the WORST idea microsoft has ever had. I don't even know what the intended use of the thing is! All it does is ANNOY the crap out of me when I happen to pause to think while holding down the shift key. *shudders*.
Death to stickykeys!
Oh yeah, and in other news I have an army field weekend coming up, should be fun. I'm "qualified" on the steyr now so they're allowed to bomb me up and let me make some noise. Hopefully I don't hurt myself or get myself charged for an unauthorised discharge or something. The point of the weekend is for us to practise staging a defence, so we're going to have to do some digging, but oh well.

Comments:
lol, turn em off :P
 
I was on a computer at uni, I can't turn em all off. There's just no winning!
 
Stickykeys are an accesibility feature for disabled users, and it's much easier for you to turn them off than it would be for said disabled person to turn them on.

But yeah, on systems that don't allow you the required access to disable them they should probably be disabled by default; it wouldn't be all that hard to have specific logins marked as "disabled" and load with such options enabled.
 
Accessibility feature eh? So how does locking the keyboard to all the alternate characters help disabled people?
 
If you were only able to work a single key at a time, how would you type an alternate character, hrm?

It toggles the state - you can use it again to turn them off.
 
Hmm i always try to use it to turn them off again but it never seems to work. It just goes away after a while. If I could only work one key at a time then I'd find that pretty annoying. Maybe once you use it a lot it'd be ok.
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?