<$BlogRSDUrl$>



Orbis non sufficit


Friday, August 04, 2006

Snuh!

"...and only by learning to pick up the sword,
can we gain the wisdom to put it down again."

I believe that was part of a saying/poem in the front of a book on kendo I have. I like it. The rest was pretty good too but I can't remember it.

*whistles Peter's theme, from "Peter and the Wolf" by Tchaikovsky*

You've all heard it you just never knew what it was. Except for Jason probably.
We're playing very cool music in the Monash Philharmonic Orchestra this concert season:
"Romeo and Juliet" by Tchaikovsky
"Sechte", by Beethoven, a symphony I believe. Not sure about the title, but I couldn't check it very well because typing that in google only gets me pages in German, and the translator translates that word also. This piece featured in the simpsons one time, in the episode "Itchy & Scratchy & Marge".
Aha! I figured it out, "Sechs" is 6 in German, so we're playing Beethoven's 6th Symphony. Wikipedia also helped.
We're also playing some crazy hungarian thing, but it's not as cool so I can't remember what it's called.

Ahh, class!

Comments:
You know I love that apple...
 
it's so satisfying!
 
The apple is indeed quite awesome.
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?