<$BlogRSDUrl$>



Orbis non sufficit


Monday, August 28, 2006

Untrusting Artists

Well I went out and found a picture of the poster I was rambling about in my last post to save me using my camera (since I've misplaced the cable to connect it to the compy). It was surprisingly easy to find, but the artist has overlayed some stupid texture and her web address probably to stop people stealing it. I also had to enlarge it a bit, so it loses something after all this. Also my poster has a blue tinge, not green. When I find my cable I'll take a picture of it, but for now this will give you an idea at least.



The artist is Anna Ignatieva, webpage http://www.magnetica.ru/. I had a look at some of her other art, it's all pretty cool (some is a bit creepy) but I didn't see anything I liked better than that picture. To see the full picture at it's original size (still with overlayed crap) click the image below.



On another note, does anyone know how I can stop my falling flowers from being visible when they're outside the actual area of the flash animation, but still inside the area allocated by the browser? I assume it has something to do with the embedding code, note that I want to keep the size self-adjusting (the problem is fixed if I fix the embedded animation to the appropriate size).

Comments:
That picture is cool, ill havta see the real one.
 
Concurrance with Fudge.

Flash is one of the cases where you should be fixing width, so I'm not sure if there are any elegant solutions other than adding some sort of clipping code to the flash file.
 
I like my adjusting heading tho. The stupid width adjusting code in the css doesn't do what I tell it too. I say 100% width and let the height adjust, but it doesn't. I think it makes the actual embedding area that size but the animation itself doesn't resize to that.
 
I think what you wanna do is make the embedded flash area a fixed size, then make it float in the middle with css, either by having a floating css tag/div/whatever or by centering it in a 100% width tag/div/whatever.

I dont really know my css well enough to help, im generally a copy-paste-tweak css coder :P but yeh it sounds good in theory.
 
Well yeah I could do that but it would wreck the desired effect. It's supposed to be the same width as the main writing block to accentuate the invisible edges (which it doesn't at the moment).
 
Yeah, if you wanted to do that you'd put in in a fixed-width div with margins set to auto, which would automatically center, but he wants it to actually dynamically size, which probably means being stuck with the abberant behavior.

You could do a dodgy width-sniffing fix with JavaScript... but that would be overkill, annoying, and not particularly portable.
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?