<$BlogRSDUrl$>



Orbis non sufficit


Wednesday, January 10, 2007

I hate you myspace

Man, its 10.25am, I so shouldn't be up yet, and I blame myspace. I embarked on a missiob last night, a mission to create a myspace profile that was not ugly. This began at about 8.30pm and did not conclude until 3am. God myspace sucks. Firstly it has no way for you to edit the code in a NORMAL way, meaning my editing had to be done by jamming stylesheet code into the "About me" box, and whatever extra actual content I wanted to add had to be done by jamming some html in the same box and using more CSS to jam in on the screen where I wanted. Took me a really long time to find a reasonably well coded stylesheet that someone else had made to use as a template, but I really needed one since myspace gives you no hints about which stupid little boxes are referred to by what tags. Probably could have looked in the source but it was just so hideous that I couldn't bear looking at it for very long. Myspace is just as ugly on the inside as it is on the out, possibly moreso. Especially on mine: I present to you one of the few myspace profiles that is not ugly, and may actually be almost decent (I may change a couple of things still): www.myspace.com/nonugly

Dunno if I'll actually use it now that I've made it. Maybe, maybe not. I'll see how it goes.

Btw tell me if something looks retarted in your browser, I sincerely doubt that myspace is capable of displaying everything the same in all browsers. This may mean I can't fix it however.

It's interesting how whenever you let people customize something, you get so much crap coming out of it that its not funny. Especially if you let them customize it without giving them a non-hackjob way of doing it. Of course the lay person is going to end up with something hideous! They don't know CSS, how are they suppose to make something that doesn't offend the eyes of all? Why myspace? WHY!?!? Even those who do know CSS don't always have -6 HOURS!- to waste trying to de-crapify something that shouldn't have been so ugly in the first place. Even the default layout is ugly. It has bad chi. I tried to find an awesome picture of someone stabbing with a wushu broadsword, such that you could feel the chi shooting out the end but I only found about one that captured that feeling, so I had to settle for a dude fly-kicking at the same time, which is cool but doesn't have as good chi.

Also I found this nifty kendo video:


Comments:
I think you did an excellent job on your mySpace! Just before I commented to my sister to show her - look this is actually a nice layout!

I agree with the ugly insides - I cringe almost everytime I visit mySpace - so much ugliness!! It's such a hacky way of creating a page!

Anyway.. see you soon,
Rick
=:-)

P.S. I've added your blogger feed to my google RSS reader and ig homepage. God I love rss.. :)
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?