<$BlogRSDUrl$>



Orbis non sufficit


Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Badump

I think I have an idea of what to do with myself after I finish physics honours: World tour, snowboarder style. I have been reading snowboard magazines and there are some absolutely amazing places around the world that have absolutely amazing snowboarding. Picture riding the thick powder of the himalayas with some of the worlds most breathtaking scenery around you, maybe even seeing the curvature of the earth. Awesome mountain villages and probably some people who´ve never seen a snowboard. I would like to start with Japan, they have awesome powder plus I can do my martial arts there, and maybe aquire some funding. I dunno how long I want to go for, maybe a year, or 2, or 3... I really should get back to real life sometime, but there is so much of the world to see and snowboarding is an awesome reason to go so many places.
So... anyone want to come with me? I know none of you board, but you ski fudgeman and the rest of you can learn in Japan before we tackle the backcountry terrain of the world.
Maybe it´s a crazy idea, I know you all have lives here and things you´re committed to. Maybe that´s why I want to do this. Very few people have been to these kinds of places and even fewer have experienced it in this way, and it´s not something that you could ever do once you became tied down. As of the end of the year I will be a free man and can go do whatever the crap I like, and I will probably never be able to say that at any other time of my life.
To adventure my friends.

Comments:
See, thats the problem old chap.

Youre at the himilayas, the rest of us are in the gutter...

The only way i could afford something like that is to sell the subaru and then save like a mofo (with no car... HAH)

Not gonna happen, Good luck to you tho dude, sounds awesome x100
 
fuck my commitments,i'm in

screw my material possesions those kind of memories are priceless,
 
Speak for yourself Sean, i ain't in the gutter. Bring on Thailand.

I'd be in, but i don't see myself going to Japan.

Sounds like you're having an awesome time, especially what you were telling me on msn just before. Keep rockin' Benji :P
 
Sorry i missed you on MSN, Ez filled me in though :)
Your offer is tempting, to travel around the world seeing what lays beyond the horizon..... I'm not sure how practical it would be though, those commitments you spoke of, well they aren't going anywhere and can be difficult to leave behind. We will see what the future holds. It does sound amazing!
I'm glad you are having fun. :P
 
I would be totally in for Japan there Benji, but the whole snowboarding thing would not work for me, i have the balance of a drunk giraffe and would more than likely not leave japan unless im in a bodybag...or 2 depending on how far i fall.
 
LOL @ Scott's comment....
You are awesome Scotty! :P
 
Lol, well maybe I was a bit keen about going everywhere all at once. Perhaps it can be spaced out over a number of years. I totally want to go to Japan next year tho.
And lol at sean, I have no money for it either, there would have to be random overseas work involved :p.
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?